Rosemary Shortbread with Artisan Edibles Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup confectioner’s sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
2 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
½ teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
2-3 tablespoons Artisan Edibles’ Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attached, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and smooth, approximately 3 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally. If you do not have a stand mixer use a large bowl and an electric beater on medium speed.
Whisk together the flour, rosemary, salt and pepper. Slowly add the butter to the flour mixture using a low speed on the mixer. Divide the dough in half and shape into rounds. Wrap each round in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
On a lightly floured board roll one of the rounds to ¼ inch thickness. Be sure to lightly flour the rolling pins. Using a 2 ½- or 3- inch cookie cutter cut dough. Roll any scraps carefully without adding too much additional flour. Place 12 cookies on first sheet about 1-inch apart. Repeat this process with the remaining round of dough. Use a 1-inch cutter to cut centers from the second half of the cookies. Place these cookies on the second sheet. Place the cut rounds onto the third sheet.
Bake until edges are lightly browned – approximately 10-12 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Do not turn oven off.
Spread ½ teaspoon of Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly (or more if you like hotter) onto the flat side of the 2 ½ inch solid cookies. Place the cutout cookies flat side down on top of the jelly. Bake for an additional two minutes. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe Reference: www.foxfield-inn.com/menu-recipes.htm
Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
- Chicken Drumettes with Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly Glaze
- Duck Breast Crostini with Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
- Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly with Goat Cheese and Crackers
- Power Smoothie with Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
- Pulled Pork Sliders with Barbecue Sauce and Artisan Edibles Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
- Quesadillas With Brie, Walnuts and Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
- Rosemary Shortbread with Artisan Edibles Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
- Savory Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly Cheesecake
- Spicy Creamy Goat Cheese Quesadillas
- Spinach Salad with Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly Dressing