Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney
Inspired by Vancouver Island’s early harvest season, local sour cherries and Vancouver Island rhubarb are suitable compliments for Artisan Edibles Rhubarb and Sour Cherry Chutney. Rhubarb is one of the first edibles to appear in the spring garden while sour cherries, the Montmorency among them, are one of the first fruits to ripen each summer. The two together make an appealing tart and sweet blend that livens the palate. But we didn’t stop there. We took those base notes and added extra body and heft with white raisins, fresh ginger, red wine, cinnamon and Kirsch. What can we say but welcome, to your new addiction.
While always welcome on a freshly baked scone, muffin or buttery croissant, our Rhubarb and Sour Cherry Chutney makes instant picnic fare paired with a crusty baguette and aged Farmhouse cheddar. Don’t forget a bottle of rich fruity Shiraz! It’s also brilliant with blue cheese and crackers, or white truffle chevre. Try it as a decadent accompaniment to crispy potato latkes with sour cream, a condiment for the minced pork pie tourtière, or as an indulgent topping for juicy lamb or turkey burgers with goat cheese, or on savoury cheesecakes.
Farmhouse Cheddar, Little Qualicum Cheeseworks Island Brie, Poplar Grove’s Triple Cream Camembert, Saltspring Cheese’s Blue Juliette and White Truffle Chèvre
- A Quick & Easy Appie with Artisan Edibles Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney
- Ancho Chili Chocolate Brownies With Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney
- Crispy Tofu Popsicles with Artisan Edibles Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney
- Crostini With Artisan Edibles Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney, Jicama and Ricotta/Chèvre
- Duck Breast with Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney
- Indian Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Artisan Edibles Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney
- Phyllo Purses Filled with Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney & Chevre
- Chocolate Blinis With Artisan Edibles’ Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney and Orange Cream
- Lentil Tagine Topped with Greek Yogurt and Artisan Edibles Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney
- Turkey Burgers with Caramelized Onions and Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney