Apple Fig Ginger Chutney
We took our inspiration for this scrumptious preserve from an 1848 Mormon recipe, and gave it a modern twist with the addition of Black Mission figs and ginger.
Our resulting Apple Fig Ginger Chutney sings with the Fall fruit flavours of apples and ripe figs enhanced with fresh and candied ginger, with a delightful cider vinegar tang and a few secret spices, creating delicious harmony on everything from appetizers to main dishes.
Delicious with stuffed roast pork with crispy crackling, an Indian curry, roast lamb, meat pies such as Melton Mowbray pork pies, or alongside grilled cheese sandwiches served with a frosty pints of pale ale.
It also stands up to strong cheddars and English Stilton blue cheeses served with oatcakes or your favourite gourmet cracker.
Farmhouse Cheddar, PEI Cheddar, Okanagan Chèvre, Natural Pastures’Boerenkaas, Saltspring Cheese’s Garlic Chèvre and Montanna, Bleu Benedictin, Salt Spring Island’s Chevarro
- Baked Brie with Apple Fig Ginger Chutney In Puff Pastry
- Grilled Panini with Havarti Cheese, Smoked Chicken Breast, Red Onion and Apple Fig Chutney
- Pork Tenderloin with Apple Fig Ginger Chutney
- Potted Goat Cheese with Apple Fig Ginger Chutney
- Crostini with Prosciutto, Apple Fig Ginger Chutney, Fresh Figs and Triple Cream Brie