Archive for April, 2014
Lentil Tagine Topped with Greek Yogurt and Artisan Edibles Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney
INGREDIENTS (serves 6)
1 ½ cups dried lentils, sorted and rinsed
6 cups chicken broth (4 cup and 2 cup split)
1 ½ teaspoons slivered garlic
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup diced carrot
1 cup julienned yellow pepper
2 cups, peeled, seeded and chopped tomato
1 ½ medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
Artisan Edibles Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney
½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
In a Dutch oven, combine the lentils, 4 cups of chicken broth and garlic. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Turn the heat off and allow the lentils to sit for an hour. Most of the liquid will be absorbed.
Turn the heat back to medium. Add the remaining 2 cups of broth and ingredients with the exception of the cilantro, yogurt and chutney.
Cook covered for approximately 30 minutes until the carrots and sweet potatoes are tender.
Serve in bowls and top with a tablespoon of Greek Yogurt, a tablespoon of Artisan Edibles Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney and some finely chopped cilantro.
You can substitute Crème Fraiche for the Greek Yogurt. Another delicious topping is Artisan Edibles’ Meyer Lemon Chutney. Enjoy!
Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney
- A Quick & Easy Appie with Artisan Edibles Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney
- Ancho Chili Chocolate Brownies With Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney
- Chocolate Blinis With Artisan Edibles’ Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney and Orange Cream
- Crispy Tofu Popsicles with Artisan Edibles Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney
- Crostini With Artisan Edibles Rhubarb Sour Cherry Chutney, Jicama and Ricotta/Chèvre