Spinach Salad with Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly Dressing
3 tbsp. Artisan Edibles Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
2 tbsp. Olive oil
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 cups washed spinach leaves
2 ounces goat cheese
2 tbsp. roasted chopped walnuts
In small bowl, whisk together the pepper jelly, olive oil, salt and mustard to make the dressing.
Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. If you find the dressing is still a bit thick add another tablespoon of olive oil.
Refresh spinach in cold water for 10 minutes. Spin dry in salad spinner, place in a large bowl and toss with the Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly dressing.
Top with sliced goat cheese and sprinkle with the roasted walnuts.
This recipe will serve two persons for lunch. For larger amounts you can double the recipe or increase as desired.
Serve this salad with a warmed French Baguette and Cultured butter. A bowl of fresh Lychee fruit is a refreshing finish.
A very special thanks to one of our customers for sending us this recipe via allrecipes.com, it truly is superb!
Another option is to garnish the salad with small goat cheese balls rolled in Herbs de Provence or more of the chopped walnuts in place of the goat cheese slices.
Take a spoonful of goat cheese and roll the cheese in the palms of your hands into a ½ inch ball. Repeat with remaining cheese and roll the balls in Herb de Provence or chopped roasted walnuts until lightly coated. The cheese balls may be prepared in advance and refrigerated until needed.If you decide to make the goat cheese balls you will need some Herb de Provence and/or some extra walnuts and goat cheese.
Fresh pomegranate seeds are a great addition to the salad as well.
Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
- Chicken Drumettes with Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly Glaze
- Duck Breast Crostini with Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
- Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly with Goat Cheese and Crackers
- Power Smoothie with Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
- Pulled Pork Sliders with BC Lions Barbecue Sauce and Artisan Edibles Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
- Quesadillas With Brie, Walnuts and Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
- Savory Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly Cheesecake
- Spicy Creamy Goat Cheese Quesadillas
- Spinach Salad with Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly Dressing