Spicy Creamy Goat Cheese Quesadillas
Serves 6-8 as an appetizer
¾ of Saltspring Island’s Juliette (tastes like a goat camembert)
50g Saltpring Island’s Chevaro
2 tsp sambal oelek* (or comparable hot sauce – we used a sweet chilli sauce and it was delicious!)
Two burrito-size torillas of your choice
Grapeseed oil (or some other high smoke point oil) for frying
¼ cup Artisan Edibles’ Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
Slice the Juliette into 1/8” thick slices.
Coarsely grate the Chevaro.
Spread the sambal oelek over one of the tortillas.
Distribute the slices of Juliette evenly on the sambal oelek.
Sprinkle the grated Chevaro over the Juliette. Top with the remaining tortilla.
In a frying pan large enough to accommodate the full surface of the quesadilla, heat the oil to medium-high. Cook the quesadilla for about two to three minutes per side. The pan should be hot enough that the quesadilla becomes a golden brown on each side, and the cheese nicely melted within. (…mmmmm!)
Remove from the pan and allow to sit for three to five minutes before cutting into eight (appie on a plate size) or twelve (finger food size) wedges. Smear the top of each wedge with a teaspoon of the Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly. We took this a step further by adding a dollop of sourcream, topped with Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly and a sprig of cilantro – we loved it … try it and let us know how YOU like it!
*replace the Chevaro and sambal oelek with ¼ of a chili feta (grated) or replace the Chevaro with a creamy Havarti (grated).
Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
- Chicken Drumettes with Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly Glaze
- Duck Breast Crostini with Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
- Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly with Goat Cheese and Crackers
- Power Smoothie with Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
- Pulled Pork Sliders with BC Lions Barbecue Sauce and Artisan Edibles Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
- Quesadillas With Brie, Walnuts and Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly
- Savory Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly Cheesecake
- Spicy Creamy Goat Cheese Quesadillas
- Spinach Salad with Pomegranate Hot Pepper Jelly Dressing