Champagne Rose Meringue Stack with Strawberries
(Concept inspired by Tara O’Brady/Seven Spoons)
Meringues (inspired by Chef Diane Clement)
6 large egg whites
¼ tsp. cream of tartar
Pinch of salt
1 ¼ cups berry sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla
Rose Mascarpone Cream
2 cups heavy cream
7 ounces mascarpone
2 tablespoons Artisan Edibles Champagne Rose Petal Jelly
2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachio nuts
3 cups of strawberries
Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until stiff. Add sugar, a spoonful at a time, and continue to beat until the sugar is dissolved before adding more. Continue to beat until meringue is thick and glossy. Fold in the cornstarch and vanilla.
On a piece of parchment paper draw three 6-inch circles (can use a cake pan as a guide). Spread and flatten the meringue on each circle.
Bake in preheated 250 degree F. oven for 1 hour 15 minutes .
Leave meringues to cool in oven with door slightly ajar. Meringues will be crispy on the outside and a pale gold in colour.
Rose Mascarpone Cream:
Beat the cream in a bowl until slightly thick , add in the mascarpone and the 2 tablespoons of Champagne Rose Petal Jelly.
Fold in 1 tablespoon of the chopped pistachio nuts.
Layer each of the meringues with rose mascarpone cream and strawberries.
You can add additional chopped pistachios on the top layer.
Champagne Rose Petal Jelly
- Champagne Rose Meringue Stack with Strawberries
- Champagne Rose Petal Cocktails (8 servings)
- Champagne Rose Petal Jelly Martini
- Champagne Rose Petal Jelly Cupcakes
- Champagne Rose Petal Jelly Meringue Roulade with Rose Petals and Fresh Raspberries
- Champagne Rose Petal Panna Cotta
- Grilled Cheese with Champagne Rose Petal Jelly
- Melon and Bocconcini Salad with Champagne Rose Petal Vinaigrette